Friday 21 April 2017

One of Those Colds




Is it okay to claim to have writer's block when you're not really a writer? And what is a Writer anyway? I mean, the people who somehow seem to write with a capital W etched on their souls. I have no such etching; at least, I can’t claim that I do. What is writing? Is it something you do to make a living? An activity with financial rewards? Segments of events that take up considerable amounts of time in one's life? Or simply gestures that make the person feel alive? 

I feel alive when I write. I experience the rushing movement of lightening that illuminates parts of my mind and flows through my entire body. Every time when I feel my chest fill up with the bulk of tediousness, lethargy, and existential meaningless of life, I write, and then I feel okay. Regardless, as someone who has yet to receive any other sort of reward (such as money, fame, influence), to call myself a writer makes me feel like a self-indulgent imposter. 

I'm am currently going through a strange episode that gives you the sensation of one of those colds that make every piece of your mind and body feel like it's pressed into the earth beneath you; even the air you breath feels heavy. I feel I’m on a path but I don’t know where to; I think I may become something other than what I am now, but I’m not sure what. 

Need to read Hafiz’s The Place Where You Are Right Now again for the hundredth time. Maybe this is why the world invented poetry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment